It is common knowledge that drinking water is important. The human body is made up of approximately 60-70% water (depending on age and body fat percentage), so it is imperative to remain hydrated. Dehydration can lead to headaches, fatigue, poor physical performance, issues with cognitive function, and more. It is easily accessible in a modern society. There are water fountains in most public spaces, almost every business sells water, and there are sinks in every home.
Despite all that being true…one of the biggest hurdles I run into with newer clients is getting them to drink water. It can be frustrating at times but I get it. Water has to compete with all kinds of more exciting options like soda, ice tea, juice, even coffee and alcohol. For that reason I have decided to share with you guys 5 easy ways I have seen people increase their water intake.
- Temperature Control. Most people do not like room temperature water, so make sure you keep your water refrigerated or keep ice on hand.
- Getting a cool cup or water bottle. People take pride in their drinking apparatuses. Certain brands are considered in style (Stanley is Utah), and so is decorating cups/water bottles with stickers. Make it fun.
- Setting timers. Sometimes something as simple as setting a timer on your cell phone to drink water every so often can make a world of difference.
- Making it easily accessible. By keeping water readily available throughout the day, drinking it becomes easier. I keep a case of water bottles in my office and vehicle at all times.
- Adding electrolyte powder. Adding a great tasting electrolyte mix to one or two glasses of water per day can help you get more water down and your electrolytes where they need to be. (Link below for a great option).
Hopefully this was helpful for you guys. Feel free to share other things that work for you in the comment section below. Stay hydrated!
*Bucked Up IV is a great tasting electrolyte supplement that can be easily added to your water. Use Promo Code CHANGES20 for 20% off at checkout. https://www.buckedup.com/shop/endurance/bucked-up-iv